There are dozens, no probably hundreds, of perfectly good chocolate chip cookie recipes out there. But this is a simple recipe that makes chewy, soft chocolate chip cookies every time, just the way they are supposed to be. I’ve tried other recipes, but this one is a stand by. Try it yourself and let me know what you think in the comments.
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 1/4 cup water, stirred together in a small bowl or cup
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and corn starch and water mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls (or roll into balls) onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake! Cool on a wire rack.